FIRST LUTHERAN ADMISSIONS INFORMATION:
Families who are considering First Lutheran School are encouraged to come and visit. We want to show you around the school and answer any questions you have. Please call the school office at (865) 524-0308 to make an appointment, or come to one of our open houses.
After your visit, you can fill out an application and either mail it or drop it off at the school office. Please see the Tuition and Financial Aid page for information about financing.
Once your application is received, the principal will meet with the student and parents, which is another opportunity to ask questions. The application is then taken to the Board of Christian Day School for review. Once a student is accepted, they will receive a letter from the school.
The Tennessee state age requirements are as follows:
- ECE 3-year program: 3 years old by August 15th of year entering
- ECE 4-year program: 4 years old by August 15th of year entering
- Kindergarten: 5 years old by August 15th of year entering
- First Grade: 6 years old by August 15th of year entering
Class sizes are in accordance with Tennessee state regulations. The Board of Christian Day School, while remaining within all state rules and regulations, may alter class sizes.
- ECE 3-year program: 18 (1 teacher per 9 children; aide added at 8)
- ECE 4-year and 5-year program: 20 (1 teacher per 13 children; 4-5 year-olds share an aide at 12)
- Kindergarten: 22
- Grades 1-3: 22
- Grades 4-8: 27
First Lutheran School admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship program, or any other school administered programs.